Monday, April 30, 2007

Group Video Project - Tracking Down the Dean

Tracking down faculty at Cal State Long Beach is definitely a much harder task than say, getting a hold of a faculty member at a community college.

When I had to conduct interviews at Cerritos Community College for another video project I was involved in, it was a lot easier to contact the people I needed to talk to. Now, for the campus library video project me and my group are doing, it's been almost impossible to contact the dean of the library. Luckily, I was referred to the assistant dean of the library, Sarah Sluss.

She was probably one of the most delightful people I've ever met. Off camera, she was engaging and completely candid, giving me a photo tour of her office - and on camera, she was a professional - answering all of the questions i threw at her with concise, yet highly informative answers.

Now that we've obtained all our footage, I'm really looking forward to putting the whole video together. Now only if we had a little more time to finish it...

No comments: