Monday, April 30, 2007

"Is There Something in My Teeth?" - Capturing a Personal Moment?

So me and Daniela's initial angle for our "Day in the Life" project was to capture shots of people eating throughout various hours of the day.

This turned out to be a horrible idea. I found out that for some people, eating is a sacred event - not to be disturbed. As I was snapping away at one gentleman, he stopped me after about the 2nd shot and started to interrogate me about what I was doing. After kindly explaining to him the guidelines of my project and that I wasn't a creepy stalker, he kindly told me to "get lost."

I think a lot of people regard eating as a somewhat of a personal act, something they're only comfortable doing in front of friends, family, etc. I guess that explains the paranoid looks I've seen on some of the diners here at CSULB as I've walked through the food courts.

Other than that, I felt that watching people eat and trying to get "good" shots of them doing it was a pretty hard task - one that I didn't have the stomach for.

No comments: